End of COVID-19 National Emergency and Public Health Emergency
On April 10, 2023, President Biden signed a resolution ending the COVID-19 national emergency (NE), in place since 2020. The Biden administration had previously announced a May 11, 2023, end date to both the NE and the public health emergency (PHE), but the signing of the bipartisan legislation terminates the NE as of April 10, 2023. The PHE is still scheduled to end May 11, 2023.
Morgan White Group Premium Saver Incentive
MWG is offering a $100 gift card for every Premium Saver group with 5+ enrolled between April and June 2023! The bonus will be paid every following month.
Anthem 2023 Individual Writing Bonus
Anthem is offering a bonus for all ACA Individual plans sold within the Virginia service area in 2023.
10-50 Members | $25 Per Member
51+ Members | $50 Per Member
Virginia ACA State Exchange Coming for 2024
The state of Virginia is transitioning to a state exchange for plan year 2024. The platform is called Get Insured, and it's also currently used by other states such as New Jersey and Pennsylvania, instead of the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM).
What we know right now:
- Brokers will be required to sign a VA-specific agreement to sell for plan year 2024.
- VA Exchange training is scheduled to be available beginning summer 2023.
- FFM-certified brokers who completed 2023 plan year registration and training will be eligible to complete a shorter VA Exchange training program for plan year 2024.
- Brokers new to the Exchange or not currently FFM certified will be required to take the full VA Exchange training program for plan year 2024.
- If a broker plans to sell on both the VA Exchange and the FFM, they would need to complete the full 2024 VA Exchange training program and the FFM training program for 2024.
Virginia also plans to use in-state Navigators, Counselor Designated Organizations (CDOs), and statewide agents to enroll individuals in their 2024 plan.
Anthem 2023 Small Group Success Webinar Series
Join our Anthem team to learn new skills and refresh your knowledge at their Small Group webinars running throughout the year. Stay current on everything you need to know to exceed your sales goals while providing superior service to your clients.
Optima Virtual CE Opportunity
Topic: The Life Health Agent and Business Markets*
Date: Thursday, April 20 | 10:00 AM
*This class is a repeat of the class presented in 2022 so if you already have credit for "The Life Health Agent and Business Markets" during your current biennium you will not be able to receive credit again.
The information herein should not be construed as legal or tax advice in any way. This content is provided for informational purposes only. You should seek the advice of your attorney or tax consultant for additional or specific information.