Anthem Make-up CE Classes
Anthem will hold make-up virtual continuing education (CE) courses on July 18 and July 20, 2023, totaling eight hours of approved courses for Virginia resident agents only. These are makeup courses from January, so if you received your credits, you will not be eligible to retake these courses.
You must register in advance to receive credit. Registration will close Friday, July 14th. Courses will include:
July 18 (Life and Health credits)
- Telehealth & Insurance - What's the Connection? - Course #224800
- The Uninsured - Course #224991
- Getting Well - Increasing Employee Engagement - Course #224798
- Getting the Low Down on STD - Course #224799
July 20 (Ethics, Laws and Regulations credits)
- Understanding the Changes to The Virginia Insurance CE Programs - Course #224801
- Legislative Update - Course #224859
Morgan White Group Premium Saver Incentive
MWG is offering $100 for every Premium Saver group with 5+ enrolled between April and June 2023! The bonus will be paid every following month.
Additional information and more incentives from MWG can be found here.
Anthem 2023 Individual Writing Bonus
Anthem is offering a bonus for all ACA Individual plans sold within the Virginia service area in 2023.
10-50 Members | $25 Per Member
51+ Members | $50 Per Member
Chesapeake Hospital Authority to Leave Cigna Network
Cigna and Chesapeake Hospital Authority are currently negotiating their contract for reimbursement and services at Chesapeake Hospital Authority facilities which renews on June 1, 2023. If Cigna and Chesapeake Hospital Authority do not come to a mutually beneficial agreement prior to June 1st, they will no longer be in-network. The Chesapeake Hospital Authority includes the following provider groups:
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Group – Chesapeake, VA
- Chesapeake Neuroinstitute, LLC -- Chesapeake, VA
- Chesapeake Regional Imaging Center of Kingsborough – Chesapeake, VA
- Chesapeake Regional Imaging Center of Kempsville – Norfolk, VA
- The Surgery Center of Chesapeake, LLC – Chesapeake, VA
- Chesapeake Regional Primary Care – Rural Health Center - Elizabeth City, NC
- Comfort Care Home Health – Chesapeake, VA
- Comfort Care Hospice – Chesapeake, VA
- MRI & CT Diagnostics - Chesapeake, VA
- MRI & CT Diagnostics – Virginia Beach, VA
- Chesapeake Regional Primary Care – Camden - Rural Health Center – Camden, NC
A list of FAQs has been provided by Cigna that you can forward to members. This change would apply to all Cigna members, except those enrolled in a Cigna Global plan.
New Broker Service Team Listing
We have made some team member updates to our TFA Broker Service Team Listing. Please click here to download and save it!
HSA/HDHP Limits Increase in 2024
The IRS has released substantial increases to the maximum limits for 2024. Click here to review the adjusted limits.
Sentara Introduces New Company Name and Logo
Optima Health's parent company, Sentara, announced a new name, Sentara Health, and a new logo to better reflect their enhanced focus on promoting the overall health and well-being of their consumers.
How does this impact Optima Health brokers, Employer Groups and Members? They will continue to sell Optima Health branded products through the end of this year for effective dates in 2023. This fall, they will begin selling commercial and Medicare as Sentara Health Plans for 2024 effective dates. Also, Virginia Premier Medicaid members will become Optima Health Medicaid members beginning July 1, 2023.
Sentara will launch a brand awareness campaign this summer and update 2024 materials with the new brand. More details on upcoming changes are below and additional information will be shared in the weeks and months to come. Learn more here!
Optima Individual & Family Plan Bonus Opportunity
Optima is offering a bonus to brokers who enroll new members during the PHE Unwinding SEP. Earn a one-time $200 bonus for each NEW paid member. No maximum or minimum membership requirement!
Optima & Cape School CE Opportunity
Topic: Diversity and Racial Bias
Date: Thursday, June 8, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM
Credit: Three hours (ethics)
This CE opportunity is only beneficial to those who have a Virginia Resident License. Signups will no longer be accepted after 5/31/23.